Centralized Enrollment Office summer hours will be 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri; and 9:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. each Wednesday.
CEO is closed to the public June 30 – July 4.
On April 11, 2014 the Governing Board voted unanimously to adopt a modified schedule for K-5 elementary schools that includes a Wednesday early release. This decision was made after the following data was provided to the Board:
- 15 out of 19 elementary school principals prefer the early release Wednesday to a shortened schedule (9 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.) every day.
- With a 60% response rate of all elementary teachers in K-5 schools, 71% (263) of teachers prefer the early release Wednesday option.
- Of the 74 parent group leaders who responded, 44% prefer the early release Wednesday option while 56% prefer the shortened day option.
This decision is to accommodate the loss of half of the specials (art, music, PE) in elementary schools due to the reduction of the M & O override. Next year, the early release time will be at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Read Full Update
Hello! This is Art Velarde, proud Pueblo principal. On behalf of our teachers and staff, I’d like to welcome you to the 2014-2015 school year. School starts on August 6th from 8:45 am to 3:15 pm. Our Welcome Back Tuesday event is August 5th from 2-4 pm. Preschool and PreK classrooms will open up from 2-3 pm and K-5 classrooms will open up from 3-4 pm. Starting at 2 pm, please visit the cafeteria. There will be information about clubs, PTO, Dad’s Club, and other afterschool opportunities.
Wednesdays: Don’t forget that every Wednesday this year is Early Release at 1 pm. Kids Club will have a Wednesdays-only package. They will be running a curriculum-based activity and a fun activity every Wednesday ($59 per block). For more information go to www.susd.org. Click on the Community Education icon, then Kids Club and follow the instructions. The first Wednesday is a regular release day 3:15 pm (except for Kindergarten).
Please mark your calendars for Curriculum Night. Grades 3-5 will be August 13 and Grades PK-2 will be August 21, both from 5-7 pm.
We have links on our website for Supply Lists, Traffic Flow and the Bus Route. Just scroll down to our links below.
PARKING: As you may already know, we have a wing dedicated to PreK, Preschool, and 1&2-year olds or Early Childhood Campus (ECC). Many spaces have been added to our parking. The parking lot in front of the gym is for ECC parents only. The parking spaces by the wall that is in front of the office is for staff only. Unless you are picking up an ECC student, please park in the main parking lot.
Please know that SUSD is trying to go as paperless as possible. We will be communicating via our PTO electronic newsletter, our Pueblo website, and through our Robo-calls and Robo-emails. In order to remain informed:
* Visit our website calendar
* Ensure that you notify the office of any changes in phone numbers, email address, or home address. You can do so by asking the front office for a profile sheet, making the changes, and signing it.
* Go to the PTO website and sign up to receive the Pueblo Press newsletter through email. You can do so by visiting http://www.pueblopto.org/ and enter your email at the bottom of that page.
We're looking forward to seeing you soon!
Proud Pueblo Principal
Educate, Engage and Empower Every Student, Every Day